Easy Football Party Ideas
Planning a game day party does not need to be hard or exhausting. These easy football party ideas will get you excited to plan a simple party where you can enjoy food, friends, and cheering on your favorite team at home.
Homegating is the new tailgating. You don’t need to go through the hassle of packing up your food, chairs, and drinks and driving across town to watch a game with friends. Planning and hosting a party in the comfort of your own home with easy convenient snacks is the new way to do football parties.
Keep things simple by shopping at your local party store for game day decor. Buying ready-made and ready-to-go saves you time and energy. Concentrating on just a few football decorations for the food table is an easy way to be festive without going overboard.
- I found a green tablecloth that looked like grass and a fun football banner that I taped to the front of our food table. A football platter and dip container was a great investment because they can be reused for future football parties we host. The little disposable green containers were perfect for serving the different appetizers in, and the flag picks were a great way to dress up the finger foods.
- Try and utilize things you already own. By using a chalkboard, metal containers, and a metal cake stand that I already had around the house, I was able to pull off a fun decorated table without spending a fortune.
- Farm Rich snacks and appetizers are frozen and carefully packaged so that you can prepare delicious food in a matter of minutes. Football favorites include Mozzarella Sticks, Loaded Potato Skins, Meatballs, and Jalapeno Peppers.
- When putting together your veggie tray, choose vegetables that do not need a lot of extra prep work. I like being able to open the package, rinse the veggies, and drop them on a platter.
- Ready-made dips are another easy thing to pick up at the grocery store. Fill containers with ranch dip, pizza sauce, and barbecue sauce right before your guests arrive. No one will ever know that they are store bought.
- For beverages, fill a cooler or large container with ice and chill mini bottles of water and a variety of mini cans of soda. The smaller size minimizes the amount of half-empty drinks you will find after the party is over.
- Minimizing time in the kitchen when you are hosting a party is important. Easy no-bake desserts that can be prepared in minutes are great when you are limited on prep time and need your oven for appetizers.
- Little treats that look like footballs are the perfect kind of sweets for a football party. Drizzle melted white chocolate on a variety of snack-sized candy bars to make fun little chocolate footballs. Chocolate covered strawberries can also be drizzled with the white chocolate for a fruit version.
- Any cookie, fruit, or sweet cracker that can be dipped in chocolate will look cute drizzled with the white chocolate laces. If you purchase ones that are already dipped in chocolate it will save you even more time.
- Drizzle the leftover white chocolate over popcorn and fill containers that your guests can grab easily to snack on. You can also add sprinkles or candies that coordinate with your team colors, if you like.