Homemade Fresh Berry Syrup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Medium Level
A little something to drizzle on anything to make it even MORE amazing. Like our Original French Toast Sticks.
5 cups of fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries etc…), washed and stems removed (do not mix berries)
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup sugar
pinch of ground cinnamon
Juice of one lemon
Farm Rich Original French Toast Sticks, cooked according to package directions
whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan place the berries and 1 cup of water.
- Use a potato masher to slightly crush the berries in the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (stirring often).
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- At this point you may choose to strain the syrup but it is not necessary.
- Serve warm alongside Farm Rich French Toast Sticks or poured over. Garnish with whipped cream (optional).
- Yields: 3 cups syrup.