Potato Skins with Chipotle Chili
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 40 mins Cook Time
- Medium Level
Quick homemade chili scooped onto Potato Skins makes a hearty, spicy appetizer.
2 pkg (16 oz each) Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 TBSP finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
2 TBSP finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook Potato Skins according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, pepper, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, cumin and salt for about 5 minutes until softened. Stir in tomatoes and beans; bring to simmer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon chili into Potato Skins. Sprinkle with cilantro.
• Substitute pinto beans, black beans or white beans for kidney beans if desired.
• Freeze leftover chili to have handy for a last-minute quick dinner on the go.