Quick Dinner Time Tips
to take the stress out of meal time.
Appetizers for Dinner
I love serving appetizers for dinner (also known as a “snack dinner”). My family goes crazy for anything you can easily pick up and eat. No utensils required! Appetizers and snacks also allow you to serve an assortment of options so everyone can choose what they want. A few favorites for the perfect after-school snack or dinner:
- Mozzarella Sticks are made with 100% real mozzarella cheese!
- Loaded Potato Skins are made with 100% real cheddar cheese and bacon and can be made in just a few minutes in the microwave.
- Meatballs come in a variety. I typically use the Homestyle so my kids can dip them in whatever sauce they like (microwavable too!).
- Crispy Dill Pickles are so good! My kids love these lightly breaded pickles.
- Jalapeno Peppers are mild and stuffed with 100% real cream cheese.
Meal Plan and Make-Ahead
Meal planning is key to a smooth week of easy dinners. It takes the stress level down when you know what you are making or already have something in the fridge or freezer ready to eat. Here’s what I have at the ready:
- Keep your freezer stocked with a variety of products or appetizers. They are very versatile and can be used in many different recipes, in snack dinners, or as a side.
- Sauces – When I plan on having an appetizer dinner I will make a few sauces ahead of time. Keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. A few of our go-to sauces are honey mustard, ranch, salsa or marinara.
- Fruits and Veggies – Keep a variety of cut veggies and fruit on hand for snacking and dipping.
Keep It Simple
Keep cook time to a minimum. Don’t fuss with too many ingredients on busy weeknight meals.