Coney Island Meatball Sub
- 10 Min Prep Time
- 6 Hours Cook Time
- Medium Level
This is one serious sub. Seriously good, that is!
Do you love a delicious meatball sub? Not an Italian Meatball Sub, loaded with mozzarella and marinara, but an East Coast, Coney Island Meatball Sub, loaded with savory meatballs, a thick, rich sauce and cheddar cheese? If your mouth is watering just thinking about it, then this Coney Island Meatball Sub recipe is calling your name.
This tasty recipe cooks in your slow cooker all afternoon on high or all day on low so you can set it and forget about it until dinner time. These satisfying hoagies will please even the hungriest appetites in your home. Coney Island Meatball Subs are great for weeknight dinners, weekend barbecues, and Friday game nights.
40 (1 1/2 pounds) Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
1 green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 can (15 oz) pork and beans
1 can (10.75 oz) tomato soup, condensed
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 TBSP water
8 slices cheddar or pepper jack cheese
8 hoagie buns
- Place Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blend the onion and bell pepper in a blender or food processor. Add pork and beans, soup, seasoning, and water. Process until smooth and then pour mixture over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours or on high heat for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
- Layer lettuce, 5 meatballs, and a cheese slice on individual hoagie buns.
- For a spicier sauce, add chopped hot peppers or hot sauce to taste before cooking.