Easy Meatball Sub Bites
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Easy Level
This easy Meatball Sub Bites recipe is perfect for an appetizer or lunch. Wrap frozen meatballs in biscuit dough with sauce and cheese for the perfect bite without a mess!
1 (approximately 16 ounce) tube refrigerated biscuits (the large size; 8 biscuits)
1/3 cup pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place meatballs on a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a paper towel. Heat for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, then drain and set aside.
- Open tube of biscuits. Separate biscuits and slice in half (as if you were making a sandwich). Flatten each biscuit piece slightly with your hands. Place a bit of sauce, some cheese, and a meatball in the center of each biscuit, then fold up and pinch to seal. Place each ball in baking dish or on a cookie sheet. How you bake them is personal preference (touching in a pan or separate on a cookie sheet).
- Stir melted butter, Italian seasoning, and onion and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the top of each biscuit. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. They won’t get very golden on top, because of the butter.
- Serve warm with a bowl of more pasta sauce for dipping. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month. These are good warm or cold, and are perfect for appetizers or lunches.