French Onion Potato Skins
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 45 mins Cook Time
- Medium Level
Bring the flavor of French Onion soup to loaded Potato Skins.
2 pkg (16 oz each) Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins
1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
2 TBSP butter
2 large onions, sliced
1 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP honey
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Cook Potato Skins according to package directions. Transfer to 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, thyme, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until onions start to soften. Stir in vinegar and honey. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for about 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Divide onion mixture among Potato Skins and sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
• Garnish with finely chopped fresh chives or parsley if desired.
• Substitute 1 tsp dried thyme for fresh thyme if desired.
• Substitute Swiss for Gruyère cheese if desired.