Marinara Dip with Mozzarella Bites
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Medium Level
Add a touch of homemade with this kid-friendly marinara recipe perfect for dipping.
1 (19.2 ounce) package Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare Mozzarella Bites according to package directions and keep warm.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion.
- Saute until the onions are translucent (about 4 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Serve Mozzarella Bites alongside the sauce for dipping.
- Makes 2 cups dipping sauce.
Note: Want a meaty sauce? Add ½ pound ground beef to the pan while cooking the onion. Drain off excess fat before adding the remaining ingredients.