- 15 mins Prep Time
- 40 mins Cook Time
- Medium Level
Create a rich, savory gumbo in minutes by starting with Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs. Healthy, delicious meals don’t have to be complicated. This Meatball Gumbo recipe will become a regular member of your monthly menu. Cajun spices, fresh veggies, a luscious tomato broth, and tender, flavorful Farm Rich Meatballs will have your family coming back for more.
24 Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs
1 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP Cajun seasoning
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and Cajun seasoning for about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and stir in tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Stir in Meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
• Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley if desired.
• Serve over rice or with crusty bread if desired.