No-Time Meatball Soup
- 10 minutes Prep Time
- 30 minutes Cook Time
- Medium Level
Our No-Time Meatball Soup recipe is a hearty, warm soup made with plenty of love. Is it possible to prepare homemade soup on a busy weeknight? It is if you start with frozen Farm Rich Italian Meatballs. Our meatballs are packed with high-quality, big-flavor ingredients, and you can’t beat their convenience. Just grab a bag and throw them in your broth to create an amazing soup in minutes.
This No-Time Meatball Soup recipe is reminiscent of a minestrone that takes hours to simmer on the stove, but with a few shortcuts and a bag of frozen Farm Rich Meatballs, you can get a rich taste and flavor in about 30 minutes. Fresh kale and veggies make this recipe hearty and delicious.
No-Time Meatball Soup is extremely adaptable: make it meatless by subbing in Garden Inspirations by Farm Rich Meatless Meatballs, add some cooked tortellini, or a can of roasted tomatoes. Serve a hot bowl of this delicious soup with a loaf of crusty bread and you’ve got a fast weeknight meal everyone will love.
1 (28-ounce) package Farm Rich Italian Meatballs, frozen
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 bunch kale, chopped (about 3 cups)
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery (with leaves), diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
12 cups low-sodium chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese to garnish, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in kale and red pepper flakes and cook until kale begins to wilt (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce heat and add onion, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add in stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add in meatballs and continue to simmer soup until meatballs are fully heated through (about 10 minutes).
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan.