Potato Skin Breakfast Muffins
- 10 mins Prep Time
- 40 mins Cook Time
- Medium Level
If you’re looking for something different to serve at a brunch, this recipe is a guaranteed hit. It’s fast, easy, and tastes excellent. Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins are loaded with 100% real bacon and cheddar cheese. Potato Skin Breakfast Muffins are a hearty twist on breakfast muffins that will delight any bed head.
We call these Potato Skin Breakfast Muffins because they’re baked in a muffin tin, but they aren’t really muffins in the conventional sense of the word. They’re actually a bit more like a quiche or frittata. Whatever you want to call them, they’re delightful and easy to make.
While your Loaded Potato Skins bake, sauté some onions and peppers (spicy ones if you like). Beat an egg and mix it with milk, salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Once the potato skins are done, set them into muffin cups, top with veggies, and then pour a little of the egg mixture on top. Bake for about 12 minutes and you’ll have a breakfast of champions.
12 Farm Rich Loaded Potato Skins
1 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/3 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 green onions, sliced
- Cook Potato Skins according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion and pepper slices for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Place Potato Skins into greased muffin cups. Top with onion and pepper mixture. Pour egg mixture over top; sprinkle with green onions
- Bake in 375°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Tip: For a spicy breakfast cake, cook 1 seeded and diced jalapeño pepper along with onions and peppers.