Smoky Cola Glazed Meatballs
- Prep time
- Cook Time
- Medium Level
The richness of meatballs and the smokiness of chipotle pepper combine for a game-stopping dish.
1 (28 ounce) bag of Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups cola soda
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, add butter and melt.
- Whisk in the cola, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and chipotle pepper. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low until a thicker syrup is formed (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator for one hour (the mixture will thicken in the refrigerator).
- Prepare Meatballs according to package directions. Remove from the oven and toss with glaze.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm.