1 package Farm Rich Cheddar Cheese Curds
5 bratwurst links, casings removed
1 large sweet onion, sliced
Salt & pepper
1 pound ground beef
1/4 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
1 TBSP olive oil
8 pretzel buns, sliced in half
- In a skillet, caramelize onions with a pinch of salt over medium heat. Add 1 – 2 teaspoons water to deglaze pan when needed. Stir occasionally to prevent burning and allow onions to cook for about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to low and keep onions warm until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Dice enough Cheese Curds to measure about 3/4 cup. Prepare remaining Cheese Curds according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced Cheese Curds, brat meat, beef, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir until evenly combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook burgers for 5 – 6 minutes per side or until patties are cooked through.
- To assemble: Top each pretzel bun with a burger patty, mustard, onions, Cheese Curds and arugula.