Mini Mozzarella Stick Lasagna Roll Ups
- 30 mins Prep Time
- 20 mins Cook Time
- Easy Level
Combine two fun favorites for the perfect game day, birthday, party, playdate, or anytime snack! Little bite-size snacks with homemade ground turkey sauce. Save time with Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks!
FOR THE GROUND TURKEY MEAT SAUCE
2 tsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 carrots, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground turkey
1 jar (25 oz) tomato sauce (use your favorite)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt + pepper, to taste
FOR THE LASAGNA ROLL UPS
15 lasagna noodles, cooked
1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, fully thawed and drained of any liquid
1 shallot, finely diced
1 container (15 oz) full-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp reshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, for topping
15 Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the diced yellow onion to the pot and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped carrot and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic with a dash of salt and pepper and sauté for one minute more.
- Add the ground turkey (or chicken or beef) to the saucepot and combine and cook with the vegetables. Sauté everything together, stirring frequently. Sauté until meat is fully cooked.
- Add the jar of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, to taste, to the meat and vegetables, and bring to a simmer. Transfer the prepared sauce to the bowl of a large blender and blend on low until desired consistency is reached (if you prefer a chunkier sauce, feel free to omit this step).
- Set meat sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the spinach, diced shallot, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Set aside
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper out on a flat work surface and carefully transfer cooked lasagna noodles on to the parchment paper. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over each lasagna noodle. Place one Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Stick on one end of the lasagna noodle and roll up. Repeat.
- Top each roll with 1-2 tablespoons of prepared tomato meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Create a large tent over your baking sheet with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake at 400 F for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut in half. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.