Wafflized Mozzarella Sticks
This recipe is courtesy of:Kevin Is CookingVisit Blogger Site
- 5 mins Prep Time
- 4 mins Cook Time
- Medium Level
After a press in the waffle iron these crunchy, cheesy Mozzarella Sticks have more edges, more crunchy, cooked cheese and are perfect for dunking!
1 lb. box Farm Rich Mozzarella Sticks
Salsa of Choice
- Allow Mozzarella Sticks to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and arrange 6-8 Mozzarella Sticks on iron. Close lid and press down firmly. Cook per waffle maker instructions (See Note 1). Repeat with remaining Mozzarella Sticks.
- Serve on a platter with a drizzle of Mexican Crema or sour cream, crumbled cotija cheese (See note 2, below) and a variety of your favorite salsas to dip.
- Mine cooked them to a crispy golden at about 4 minutes; yours may vary. Just be mindful and be sure not to burn them.
- Cotija cheese is a white crumbling cheese, similar to a feta, (which can serve as a substitute).