Southern Burger with Fried Pickles
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Medium Level
A fun twist on a classic burger featuring a couple of classic southern elements, including pimento cheese, bacon, and Farm Rich Crispy Dill Pickles!
FOR THE PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
3 TBSP mayonnaise
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ tsp black pepper
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 TBSP pimento peppers, finely diced
1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
FOR THE BURGERS
16 oz. lean ground beef
1 large egg
¼ cup red onion, diced
¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
4 burger buns, lightly buttered
Red onions, sliced
- Using a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and cayenne together in a large bowl. Add the pimento peppers and shredded cheese; stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne; mix until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties. (Tip: Make an indention in the center of each patty with your thumb. This will keep the burgers flat once cooked.)
- Grill burgers on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, flipping once, or until fully cooked.
- Remove burgers from grill and set aside. Place buns on grill; cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Assemble the burgers with cooked Crispy Dill Pickles, onions, bacon, lettuce, and Pimento Cheese Spread.